- Educators have two years to work with students, families and develop lasting partnerships.
- Classroom community builds over time, each year returning students pass on routines, traditions & folklore.
- Offers open-ended academically engaging classroom environment.
Current grade level configurations:
- Pre-Kindergarten - 4 year old program
- Kindergarten - Single grade level with educator
- First and Second Grade - 2 year loop with educator
- Third and Fourth Grade - 2 year loop with educator
- Fifth Grade - leadership year
Mutliple Intelligences - How are you smart?
Gifted and Talented Program
- Differentiated curriculum based upon learners needs and interests.
- Offering enrichment activities during and after the school day.
- Meeting learner's needs through accelerated math.
- Interdisciplinary problem solving curriculum taught in grades k - 6.
- Collaboration between classroom teachers and gifted and talented specialist.
Responsive Classroom - 6 Key Components
- Morning meeting
- Guided discovery
- Academic choice
- Assessment and reporting
- Classroom organization
- Rules and logical consequences
Theme Based Learning
- Themes are selected by educators based upon current state standards.
- Supports learning through multiple intelligences.
- After school music
- Physical education
Gifted and Talented Services
- To provide problem solving and critical thinking opportunities to all students
- To offer enrichment activities during the school day.
- To collaborate with classroom educators.